Acquisitions & success stories:
- At LinkExchange, Tellme, and iLike, we were part of the founding team, also investors.
- At Facebook, TrialPay, and MyHeritage, we received shares as advisors, not as investors.
- AirBnB and PracticeFusion were not seed investments, we invested at a much higher valuation in 2011.
- Zappos was partly a seed investment via the VentureFrogs venture fund, partly a future investment in their Series C financing.
- At Taser we weren't seed investors. Ali invested in the pre-IPO "friends and family" round, Hadi now serves on the Board of Directors.
Unsuccessful (failed) tech investments:
JamLegend's music-gaming service was shut down. The company was reported to be acquired by Zynga
These companies both went out of business during the 2001 recession: